Fully automated function tester for PCBs
A customer needs function testers for the circuit boards used in blood glucose meters for his production line. EXCO is commissioned with the iterative development of the function tester and creates a test setup for manual testing for development and debugging, a semi-automatic tester for functional models, prototypes and the first batches as well as a fully automatic tester that is integrated into a production line with a unit capacity of 20 million units/year.
- Development of test strategy, test concept and system architecture
- Development of test adapter incl. signal adjustments, interfaces
- Switch cabinet design and construction
- CE declaration of conformity
- SW architecture, SW design, implementation and test
- On-site start-up (FAT and SAT), product care and maintenance
- Complete qualification (DQ, IQ and OQ)
Programming language C++ and C#
- Use synergies
The coordination effort for the customer is reduced by the provision of development, implementation and qualification from one single source, creating synergies.
- Dynamic development process
As part of the V-Model, development periods are divided into phases, thereby enabling the iterative approach with agile approaches.
- Short development times
The iterative approach and the use of a framework developed by EXCO for manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic testing enabled the development time to be shortened.
- Cost reduction
With modular test frameworks in test bench construction, the development effort could be significantly reduced and costs were thereby lowered.
Manufacturer of blood sugar meters